Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gambling is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings.
- Make sure that the decision to gamble is your choice.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis.
Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess. If you suspect that you may have a gambling problem, you may seek professional help from the following organisations:
Gambling Therapy : Get help through their website at www.gamblingtherapy.org
GamCare : UK Based Helpline +44 845 600 0133 or through their website at www.gamcare.org.uk
Gamblers Anonymous: Get help through their website at www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk